Solar Power page
We are a local Sunshine Coast business, committed to installing high quality Solar Power systems.
The QLD Solar Bonus feed in tariff has recently changed, only people who already have a Network Connection Agreement from Energex can get payed the 44c / kWh feed in tariff for excess electricity that you feed to the grid.
New customers wishing to grid connect will only receive 8c / kWh (although some retailers are offering a few cents more, above the mandated 8c/kWh) for excess electricity that is fed to the grid.
Typical Pricing can be found on the following link to our “Pricing Solar” page.
A drop down menu under the Solar Power tab above gives more info on Solar Power.
A drop down menu under the Products tab above gives more info on components that we use.
View Real Data – Real Data from 3.78kW Voltmaster PV Solar installation.
This data is regularly updated by one of my customers who had us install a 3.78kW Kyocera PV system at Southside – Gympie.
This system comprises a twin MPP 3.6kW Aurora inverter (with data monitoring), and a split array on both the North East and North West roof.
Once you open the linked webpage (above), links under the graph are relevant to this installation.
The Process to get Solar Power
- Check current pricing on our Pricing Solar page.
- Contact Us, to arrange your Solar Site Analysis (note – fees apply for this service, refer to our Pricing Solar page for more info) and receive your quote.
- Sign the relevant contract paperwork, pay the initial deposit and submit an “Application to Network Connect an Inverter Energy System” (F1003) to Energex (We will help you fill out this form). Once Energex approve your application you will also need to sign an agreement with Energex (view Energex’s example “Network Connection Agreement”.pdf) before we schedule your job. (If in the unlikely event, Energex refuse your application, your deposit will be refunded in full). Energex also have a customer’s guide which is worth reading.
- When the job has been completed, we finalize the relevant Forms (we help you with REC paperwork), give you our Certificate of Test and submit Forms to Energex for a change to reverse energy metering – (Balance payments are to be payed on job completion).
- Energex install reverse energy metering for the Photovoltaic “Solar Bonus” tariff and you start making savings from your solar powered generator.
- Renewable Energy Certificates (REC’s) if they have been assigned to yourself, are sold via an REC agent (unless you are keen to take care of all the paperwork yourself). See ORER’s website for details.